Tokyo Disney Resort News
"Aladdin's Whole New World"|
Coming to Tokyo DisneySea
May 16th to August 31st, 2005
March 24, 2005
Tokyo DisneySea will be magical this summer with a new special event! Aladdin, Jasmine and the Genie will protect a group of travellers against Jafar as they compete along the waters of Meditteranean Harbor in "Aladdin's Whole New World". The 30-minute show combines adventure, action and magic and will be performed twice daily from May 16th to August 31st, 2005.
Aladdin and friends will come into the harbor on water floats as the Sultan and Guests welcome them. As they arrive from Agrabah, the familiar music from the Disney feature film "Aladdin" plays. However, the mood changes as the evil Jafar takes over and his helpers surround Aladdin with their evil-looking boats.
As always, when Aladdin gets into trouble, the Genie from the lamp is there to save him! With his grand apprearance, he suggests to Aladdin and Jafar to battle in out in competition instead of fighting. Some of the on-the-water battles will include jet ski performances and even pedal-powered vessel races for the crowds to enjoy.
Of course, Jafar doesn't play fair and takes this opportunity to attack Aladdin, Jasmine and their friends. But Aladdin has all his new friends, the Guests, helping him out by cheering and supporting him. However, Jafar does not give up so easily and he transforms himself into a large snake while the others celebrate their victory. At last, Jafar is defeated and everyone celebrates. He shows his appreciation by taking a carpet ride with Jasmine high and above the Harbor! The show ends with streams and fountains of water along with a high-energy fireworks display.
-- Source: Disney / Various Sources
- Guests entering the Park on the debuting day will receive an orginally-designed medal gift.
- Arabian Coast and Meditteranean Harbor will be decorated with banners and lanterns to celebrate the event.
- There will be picture-taking opportunities with your favorite characters from the film "Aladdin."
- More than 70 types of specially-themed products will be available for sale throughout the Park as well as over 30 menu items at various restaurants.
- Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta will also have a special menu available.