Tokyo Disney Resort News
OLC Acquires Property Adjacent to TDR
February 9, 2005
Notice regarding the Acquirement of Fixed Assets
Oriental Land Co., Ltd. has reached an agreement with Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.
on the acquisition of the Furukawa's land (approximately 120,000 square meters) and
building (approximately 25,000 square meters) located in Chidori District, Urayasu, Chiba.
The said land and building are in close proximity to Tokyo Disney Resort, and the land,
being approximately 120,000 square meters in area, is deemed highly valuable as a commercial
land. Currently, there is a shortage of storages for keeping resources used in the Parks
(entertainment-related resources, decorations, etc.); therefore, the above-mentioned
property will serve as a site for such purposes. Moreover, transfer of the backyard functions
in accordance with the expansion of Tokyo Disney Resort and possibility of facility development
that takes advantage of such property shall be examined in the future.
<Outline of the Acquired Assets>
2. Information on the Company from which the Assets are acquired:
- Address: 9-1 and 9-3, Chidori, Urayasu-shi, Chiba-ken
- Land: 120,259.00 square meters (registered area)
- Building: 25,072.50 square meters (registered floor space)
- Cost of Acquistion: ¥15.5 billion
3. Upcoming schedule:
- Trade Name: The Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.
- Headquarters: 2-6-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
- Representative: Representative Executive & President: Hiroshi Ishihara
- Capital: ¥59.2 billion (As of the end of September 2004)
- Primary Business: Production and sales of nonferrous metal
- Affiliation with Oriental Land Company: None
-- Source: Oriental Land Company release
- The above-mentioned assets shall be handed over in late March 2005.