Tokyo Disney Resort News
Third Disney-brand Hotel to Open in 2008
February 4, 2005
New Disney Hotel to Open in Tokyo Disney Resort
URAYASU, CHIBA - Oriental Land Co, Ltd. has announced the signing of an agreement with
The Walt Disney Company to open a third Disney hotel within "Tokyo Disney Resort" in 2008
(tentative). The nine-story high hotel will have about 700 guestrooms and will be larger
than either of the other two Disney hotels, the "Disney Ambassador Hotel" and "Tokyo DisneySea
Hotel MiraCosta". A third Disney hotel is necessary to continue to provide a resort
environment where Guest can stay longer to enjoy all that "Tokyo Disney Resort" has to offer,
including two theme parks, dining, shopping and entertainment. Also, since the other two
Disney hotels have annual occupancy rates of over 90%, there is growing demand for more
The new hotel will be built in front of "Tokyo Disneyland Park" in the current Guest parking
area with the "Disney Resort Line's Tokyo Disneyland Station" situated between the hotel and
The exterior of the new hotel will reflect the early 20th-century Victorian architectural
style of the Park's "World Bazaar" themed land and "Tokyo Disneyland Station". While grand
and elegant, the hotel will generate a friendly, welcoming atmosphere that will give Guests
a taste of the enchanting experiences that await them in "Tokyo Disney Resort". The typical
Guestroom will be spacious enough for a family to stay in comfort.
Note: A 1,800-car parking structure will also be built in near the hotel to accommodate Guests
visiting "Tokyo Disneyland Park".
Facility Details (Proposed)
- Name: Undecided
- Location: Maihama, Urayasu-shi, Chiba Prefecture (within the Tokyo Disneyland Guest parking area)
- Management: Owner: Oriental Land Co., Ltd.
- Operator: Maihama Resort Hotels Co., Ltd. (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oriental Land Co., Ltd.)
- Opening Date: 2008
- Structure: 9 levels above ground
- Floor Space: About 86,000 sq. meters
- Guestrooms: About 700
- Other Facilities: Banquet rooms, restaurants, Disney shop, etc.
- Total Cost: About ¥44 billion (including parking structure)
-- Source: Oriental Land Company release